So I went to church earlier today and I really like the message that our church Pastor shared with us today. It is actually more for ‘husband and wife’, but I think the young ones can also learn a lot from this message, that’s why I decided to post it here since I haven’t written one in awhile 🙂
“Consider the importance of love bank. Learn to save and deposit, so to not drain it along the way which could lead to bankruptcy.”
** The 4 Special Gifts of Love that you can give to your loved one. **
The Gift of Care
3 Let the husband render to his wife the affection due her, and likewise also the wife to her husband. – 1 Corinthians 7:3
- CARE is what you do with each other that enhance the quality and enjoyment of life.
- Learn the art of CARING.
Men tend to give priorities to:
- Sexual Fulfillment – it’s your responsibility as a wife to have a sexual interaction with your husband.
- Recreational Companionship – find ways to have some quality time with him.
- Physical Attractiveness – trying to look good for him will not end after you got married. Always make it a point to also spend time to pamper yourself.
- Domestic Support – take care of him once he got home from work. ask how’s his day or if he have eaten already…
- Admiration – make him feel good every time he did something good for your family or received some achievement at work. Also, avoid belittling your husband in front of his friends, your family, or other people.
Women tend to give priorities to:
- Affection – don’t forget to say you love her before the day ends, hold her hands when you’re walking in the park, buy her flowers, tell her she’s beautiful 🙂
- Conversation – ask her about things, her ideas, her opinion; anything that will lead to a good conversation.
- Honesty and Openness – one of the best way to make sure to not lose her trust and faith in your relationship, always be honest with her.
- Financial Support – work for your family
- Family commitment – when you spend more time with your friends than with your family – time for you to take a step back and re-think about everything.
2. The Gift of Protection
28 So husbands ought to love their own wives as their own bodies; he who loves his wife loves himself. 29 For no one ever hated his own flesh, but nourishes and cherishes it, just as the Lord does the church – Ephesians 5: 28-29
- Promise each to avoid being the reason of each other unhappiness.
- Create a compatible lifestyle together.
- Avoid and beware of love busters:
- Angry Outbursts – because you both have the power to be the source of greatest pleasure – and the source of the greatest pain.
- Disrespectful Judgement
- Annoying Behavior
- Selfish Demands
3. The Gift of Honesty
15 but, speaking the truth in love, may grow up in all things into Him who is the head—Chris. – Ephesians 4:15
- Promise to be honest with each other, because honesty is the only way for both of you to fully understand each other.
4. The Gift of Time
16 redeeming the time, because the days are evil. – Ephesians 5:16
- Promise to give each other your undivided attention.
- Make time or schedule for each other.
- And most of all, spend quality time with the Lord together.
Word of Hope, QC
21 Feb 2016
1030AM – 1230PM Sunday Service